Tuesday, August 21, 2007

EdTechTalk



Tonight on twitter, I learned of this site..... http://edtechtalk.com/ from Kristin Hokanson, an awesome person I met at the Keystone Summit! At 9pm this evening the site hosted a show called "Women of Web2.0." Through iTunes I listened to some very inspiring educators and how they plan to use Web2.0 tools, and technology in general, with their students this year. Kristin was one of the speakers and she shared several important points. The one that I want to share is that teachers are all in different places when it comes to integrating technology. Comfort levels differ. That's ok! The important thing is to work a step at a time, like we do with our kiddos. Take them from where they are - and move them forward.

Kristin also mentioned that these tools are enabling us to make our classrooms connected. No longer are our classrooms these little isolated rooms with four walls..... they can become global. So, one of my goals for this year is to share what I have learned about Web2.0 tools in my district. I hope to offer a class before winter.

1 comment:

Kristin Hokanson said...

EdTech talk hosts the Women of Web 2.0 every Tues at 9 pm EST.
There are a TON of great shows here is their events calendar
Keep an eye out for some of these great and informative events....
Keep the light shinin' Lori!!!!