Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blabberize


I have been trying to come up with a solution to this issue:

Some parents don't grant permission for their child's photo to be online. (Which I totally respect.)

So, how do you still include that child in activities online?

Blabberize allows you to upload an image, create a mouth, and record voice. The mouth then moves as the recording is played back.

Hmmmm, a child could draw a picture of him/herself, draw the mouth, and record their own voice.

Think of the possibilities. If you are recording your students doing an activity, like a book review, this child could now participate.

Click here to see what I mean.

5 comments:

jheiser said...

They could also make up a nickname if that becomes and issue for anyone as well. I think this is a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Lori,

This is not a crazy idea at all. It's actually pretty ingenious! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing about Blabberize Loris- I hadn't come across it before. I have been on the lookout for podcast-type applications to use with my class especially for two special needs students.

I had so much fun playing with it today, http://tinyurl.com/63l3o7, that I referenced your post in another comment I made elsewhere. Hope that's okay.
Grace(gkat)

Anonymous said...

Oops that other comment is on this post on Sue Waters' blog http://tinyurl.com/5nv7eg
gkat

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori

Grace Kat suggested I check out your post about Blabberize and I'm glad she did. I've known about Blabberize and am often asked by educators for advice on issues relating to student images and blogging but hadn't thought of the benefits of using Blabberize. I will definitely file this away for later reference.